Beef is renowned for its heavily loaded nutrition. And the grill is better known for the flavor it lends to any recipe that is chucked on the grates. In bringing together both the worlds, we tend to obtain the best amalgamation. Further, skirt steak would be quick on the grill, which saves much time on otherwise a highly time-consuming beef. To make things further easier, this recipe would be beside you as a step by step guide toward making a great Tuscan Skirt Steak without much hesitations and mistakes. Let us find out what it takes to get there.
The required time and other nuances:
As mentioned before, skirt steaks go easy on time. Also, skirt steaks are considered to be an easy to make recipe. The preparation time you would be putting in is about 15 minutes while the time required for cooking is about 10 minutes. The recipe that forms the crux of our discussion in this particular article serves about 4 to 6 people.
The ingredients required:
There are some things you may need to be prepared with in order to move forward with the recipe. These things are not too many but are essential. Here they are:
- 2 pounds worth of skirt steak that has been trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin, ground
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder, granulated
- Half a teaspoon of onion powder, granulated
- Half a teaspoon of thyme, dried
- Half a teaspoon of paprika
- A teaspoon of cinnamon, ground
- A tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of black pepper, freshly ground
- A quarter of a cup full of canola oil
With these ingredients accumulated on your kitchen shelf, you are ready to move further.
The procedure of cooking:
Consider the steps that follow and try to stick to them:
- Grab a little bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic bag and seal off for as long as a month. This would constitute your meat seasoning.
- Grab another little bowl and in it, bring together lemon juice, garlic, seasoning and oil.
- Use this mixture to thoroughly rub your steaks.
- Allow about 30 to 45 minutes for the steaks to marinade.
- Now fire up your pellet grill and use some extra oil on the grates for greasing.
- Transfer the marinated steaks on to the grill grates.
- Lower down the lid and allow a time of about 3-5 minutes per side of the steaks on the grill.
- You may even let it cook further or maybe lesser in accordance with the degree of grilling you would prefer.
- Once off the grill, give about 5 minutes of resting time to the steaks.
The recipe is ready to go on the platter. Show some garnishing skills on the plate and serve.
Having read this, there is no point in postponing the act. Get up now!