If there is one common paradise for all meat lovers, it is seafood. Seafood is also well known for the nutrition it comes with. From Omega-3 rich minerals to every necessary amino acid to all the protein, seafood has it all. And here, in this recipe, we look to enhance its goodness with the best of add-ons available in the culinary world. The recipe we are going to discuss here is called Chipotle Fish Tacos and is as delectable as its name gives away. Without lauding it further, let us dive into the nuances of this recipe.
The required time and other small details:
This recipe falls into the category of easy. It is going to require a total time of about an hour and a preparation time of 45 minutes and it is all worth the wait for this scrumptious delight. This recipe would easily serve 4 people without much hassle.
The required ingredients:
There is a lot of items you need to grab hold of in order to get through with Chipotle Fish Tacos. Here is a not so small list of items you need on your kitchen shelf:
- One and a half pound of white fish, flaky such as a code
- 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Some lime juice
- A teaspoon of garlic salt
- A tablespoon of chili powder
- About 16 tortillas, white corn
- Some vegetable or canola oil
- Some cilantro, fresh
- Some purple cabbage, shredded
- A pinch of kosher salt
- About 2 chipotle chilies
- A tablespoon of honey
- Tablespoons of chopped cilantro, fresh
- A cup full of mayonnaise
- Some black pepper, freshly ground
- A half jalapeno
- A white onion has to be diced finely
- 2 finely diced tomatoes, large and fresh
When you are ready with these ingredients, you may look forward to the cooking procedure.
The procedure of cooking:
Stick to the steps that follow and you would obtain some fine food:
- Use oil on a heated griddle and allow the tortillas to heat until they are slightly browned. Set them aside in a foil.
- Grab a bowl and bring together 2 tablespoons full of extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, garlic salt and chili powder.
- In a container, mix the contents of your fish. Keep aside to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- While the fish marinates, blend together lime juice, chipotles, honey, cilantro and mayonnaise until rendered to a thick and smooth sauce.
- Keep this sauce aside in a container and transfer to the fridge until the recipe is ready to serve.
- Place the remaining olive oil into a skillet, ensuring medium heat under it. To this, add your fish and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes. Cook on each side.
- Grab a medium-sized bowl and in it, mix together lime juice, cilantro, jalapenos, onions, and tomatoes. Season this with pepper and salt. This is your Pico de Gallo.
- Put the fish into 2 tortillas stacked together.
- Serve with Pico de Gallo.
Hence, your recipe is ready.
Now, don’t just keep staring at the steps, get going with the cooking process!