You would not doubt the fact that chicken remains the hot favorite across horizons and countries and all age groups. In fact, the ubiquity of chicken recipes is unparalleled. Moreover, the health benefits are a bit too much for that little bird. Here, we are going to discuss a recipe that the kids would love. But we are sure that it would leave the adults licking their fingers too. Chicken Satay is easy to make and packs a punch as far as nutrition is concerned. Without much further elongation of the about section, let us look into the nuances of cooking.
The required time and other small details:
This recipe is easy on everything. So, the required time is not that much. Roughly, the preparation time is about 30 minutes and the cooking time is a meager 10 minutes. The platter you would end up with would be enough to serve 12 people.
The nutritional information:
Let us see what Chicken Satay does to us while we hog on it. Refer to the following facts:
- A total energy of 117 kcal
- 12 grams of protein
- A gram of fiber
- 3 grams of sugars
- 4 grams of carbohydrates
- 6 grams of fat
The values correspond to one skewer.
The required ingredients:
Let us see what you may need in order to get your Chicken Satay ready:
- 500 grams of chicken breast fillets, skinless
- Some rice, cooked
- A teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Some coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- A tablespoon of curry powder, mild
- A tablespoon of soy sauce
- A teaspoon of honey, clear
- Some lemon juice
- Some lemon zest
- About 2 cloves of garlic
- A piece of ginger
With these items ready, look no further and get going with the cooking procedure.
The procedure of cooking:
Stick to the following steps to lend a touch of perfection to this already easy process:
- Peel and grate the ginger finely. Mix it with peanut butter, curry powder, soy, honey, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl. Ensure a good mixture that is not very thick.
- Beat the chicken breasts to flatten them out.
- Now add this chicken to the marinade just made. For this, cut strips of the meat and then transfer them to the bowl.
- Place the contents in a plastic bag and give about 3 hours to it in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, pour some coconut milk in the excess marinade. Heat the mixture gently, stirring frequently.
- Now thread the meat onto your skewers.
- Now pour the vegetable oil into a pan and place it over high heat.
- Continue to grill the chicken skewers for a time of 10 minutes. Do not forget to flip occasionally for even cooking.
With this, your Chicken Satay is ready to be served on the plates. Complement with a salad of your choice.
Now stop delving deeper into your day dreams and get into work. Get up!